Jun 13, 2018 - 06:00 AM
You can edit your Wixie accounts by updating users manually or by using a CSV to update your accounts*. There are a number of links at the bottom of this article including links to YouTube videos we have recently created.
1. Log in to your Wixie administrator account
3. Select the Teachers View button to see teachers in your school or district.
4. Click the Add button to add a new teacher.
If you make a mistake, or need to edit a user, select the teacher by putting a check next to their name. Then, click the Actions button and choose Edit.
Make any needed changes and click the "Done" button.
5. If you need to add a class, click the Class view button.
Fill in the fields to enter your new class.
6. Click the Students View button to add or remove students from your account.
To remove students, select the students by putting a check next to their name.
7. Click the Add button to add a new student.
Click the Classes field to add them to new classes.
Updating your users by uploading a new CSV:
You can upload a new CSV with the changes to your Wixie accounts. If a user is not in the new CSV, then their account will be marked as deleted**.
As long as the user's Reference ID (RefID) does not change, then any work they did will carry forward with them***.
1. Log in to your Wixie administrator account.
2. Go to the Accounts tab.
3. Under "How do you want to manage users?" switch to CSV if another method is selected.
5. Click the Submit button.
After processing is complete, you will see a message indicating that processing is complete.
Please contact technical support or your Wixie specialist if you need assistance updating your Wixie accounts.
Short URL for this article -
*If you are using a third-party provider such as Clever or Engrade to input your Wixie users, then the changes from your Student Information System (SIS) should automatically update your accounts and no action is required on your part.
**The CSV must contain ALL users. Updating accounts using the CSV does not add to your existing accounts. Here is my article with other CSV tips.
***Do not change the RefID. If the RefID changes, that makes a new user even if the login name stays the same.
For example, here are the first few columns of a school CSV:
#student refid, student first name, student last name, student login, student password
B001, Billy, Thomas, bthomas, btpassword,... (year 1)
B002, Billy, Thomas, bthomas, btpassword,... (year 2)
This would create a new user account for Billy Thomas since the RefID changed from year 1 to year 2.
Before you upload your new CSV, I usually recommend making a backup copy of your existing user data. In the Accounts/Start View scroll to the bottom of the page then click the "Download" button under the section Download Current User Data.
- If you made manual changes such as adding a teacher that was not in your original CSV, then I also recommend making a backup copy of the data as listed above.
- Don't purge deleted data. Deleted users will be removed from the system after 30 days. So, I recommend leaving any deleted users in the system in case you want to recover any of their work. Deleted users do not count against your student subscription total.
Other articles that may be useful:
I uploaded a CSV with a new student/class, but now all of my other students are deleted. How can I fix this?
I want to make a CSV for my students so they can log in with their Google Accounts.
Manually Provisioning Users in Wixie (YouTube Video)
Creating a CSV to provision users in Wixie. (YouTube video)