Sep 27, 2017 - 03:59 AM
It looks like Danielle answered your question in her comment. But, let me give a quick summary.
If you choose to use Wixie with Clever, then you will need to both manage users and authenticate with Clever.
This is how the process works:
- You request a connection with Wixie on your Clever dashboard
- We will approve the request
- You will then need to set up a Sharing rule with Clever. They have a nice article here.
- After that, we will sync the data with Clever
- Now, when your users log in they will see a Wixie button/icon on their Clever dashboard if they are included in the Sharing rule.
If you switch to Clever, Clever will manage your accounts. Clever syncs with your SIS to get the information and then it syncs with Clever to share your data with Wixie. It will keep your accounts updated when new students enroll or when a student transfers.
Since you are an existing customer, I strongly recommend you work with your Wixie Specialist to set up the Clever Connection. We will make sure that the accounts match up with your Clever data so students and teachers will not lose their projects. If a user is not in your SIS, there are two options. One, you can add them to your Clever Account as a School Admin. This will let them be assigned to all classes at their assigned schools. If you don't want them assigned to classes, we can manually add them to Wixie, then mark the teacher (with publisher rights) to Do Not Remove. These users will be limited to how they can access Wixie. This can be discussed with your Wixie Specialist.
And Mike, I just verified, your Wixie Specialist is me - Danielle Abernethy. Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further.
Add New Comment