A few people have encountered issues with Google Classroom, so I will expand on the first answer with some additional information and screenshots. There are quite a few steps here, but if you follow all of the steps, you should not encounter a problem.As a Teacher:
- Log in to your Wixie account and click the Create or Edit a Wixie project link on the Teacher Home Page
- Open the Project that you want to assign in Wixie and in Google Classroom
- Or, if you want to use a Tech4Learning created activity, go to the Activities page and find the project you want to assign.
- Click the Actions button for the Activity and choose Customize Project
You will see a dialog to confirm that a copy was made in your projects list. Click the Edit button.
You will see the project opened in Wixie. Make a small change to the project (add or move a text object).
Click the Cloud icon to save your work.
After the status shows as "Saved" click the Wixie button and choose Send to Google Classroom.
If you are on Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge, you may see a prompt that popups were not allowed. Click the option to Allow the page navigation.
After that, the page will re-load. You may need to re-open your project. If you re-open the project, click the Send button and choose Send to Google Classroom.
You should be logged in to your Google Teacher account. If not, log in.
You will be taken to a Google Classroom page to create the assignment.
Choose your class and create assignment. Click the Go button when you are finished.
Be sure to give your assignment a description and choose a Due Date. *It is important to choose a Due Date or the students will not be able to turn the assignment in.
Click the Assign button to create the assignment. You have now created the assignment in Google Classroom. You still need to create the Assignment for the Wixie application.
Go back to the Tab where the Wixie application is open and click the Wixie button and choose Home.
Go to the Activities page and find your project. Select the project to see the Project details page.
Click the Assign this project link. Or, if the project is already assigned, click the Actions button and choose Edit Assignment.
You will see the Assignments dialog. Choose your students and the date you want the students to work on the assignment.
You have now created the Assignment in both Wixie and Google Classroom.As a Student:
- Log on to your Wixie account. You will see the Activity on the left side of the Projects view.
- Double-click the Assignment to open it in Editing View
- After the students complete the project, go to the Wixie button and choose Complete.
You will be prompted to confirm this action. Click the OK button.
Click the Send button and choose Send to Google Classroom.
You will be taken to the Google Classroom page for the student account. If you are not logged in to your Google account, log in.
Choose the Course and the Assignment.
Click the Go button.
Click the button to Attach the project.
On the following page, click View Assignment
Click the Turn In button on the following page.
You will see a confirmation that you have turned in your Google Classroom assignment.As a Teacher:
- Log on to your Google Classroom teacher account
- Find the Assignment and Student
- You can now add comments and grades in Google Classroom
Short URL for this article -https://goo.gl/iqJ5z8
Other articles that may be helpful.
How to create an assignment in Wixie.
How do I assign a customized template in Wixie?