May 19, 2016 - 04:19 PM
In this example, I will show you how to add the Hyperlink to the Instructions that will be shown when the student opens a teacher created activity.
1. Log on as a teacher
2. Click the Create or Edit a Wixie Project button or link
3. Open or create the project where you want to add your Hyperlink.
4. Go to the Edit menu and choose Instructions.
4a. In Pixie 4, go to the Options menu and choose Edit Instructions
5. Type your instructions and URL (or paste your URL) here.
6. Click OK when you are finished.
7. Click the Wixie button and choose Home when complete.
8. Assign your project on the Activities page.
Now, when a student logs in, they will see the Activity on the left side of the screen in Projects view.
After they open the project, they will see the instructions in the Page options panel for each page.
The instructions are located in the same location for your Pixie template.
Click the link to open a new web page or window that will show the hyperlink.
Pixie will launch your default web browser and take you to the specified page.
If the student is on an iPad, Wixie will open Safari and take them to the specified page. If you are on an Android tablet, it will launch Chrome or your default browser.
*See note below on Internet Explorer for Windows
Short URL for this article - http://goo.gl/6oiR2L
1. Currently, this feature is only available for teachers to add hyperlinks to instructions and does not work in text objects added to the page.
2. If you are on Internet Explorer on Windows, you may see a dialog indicating that Wixie wants to open a new page.
Click to allow pop-ups. This may reload the Wixie application.
If you have already made changes to the project, you will see a dialog asking if you want to leave the current page. If you leave the page, Wixie will reload and you will need to open the project again.
If you choose Stay on the Page then you should see a message indicating that pop-ups are allowed.
Click the link again to launch the web page in a new tab or window.