Jan 29, 2016 - 02:37 PM
You can add outfits, color them, and then make your own sticker to use in Wixie or Pixie.
In this example, I will show how to add items from the Dress Up folder to create a character with an outfit. We will then color it and convert it to a single sticker.
1. Log on to Wixie or open Pixie.
2. Create a new Wixie project.
3. Click the Library button on the toolbar.
4. Open the Stickers folder and then open the Dress Up folder.
5. Add the stickers that you want to use to create your character. Do not resize the items yet.
I recommend adding the items as they would appear top-to-bottom if you were making a paper cut-out. For example - I added the items in the following order - body, pants, shirt, shoes, jacket, hair, face, and then hat.
6. If you add an item out of order, you can change the order. For example if I added the hat and then the hair.
Select the hat on the page. In Wixie, go to the Edit menu, choose Arange and select Bring to Front.
In Pixie, click the Option menu and choose Bring to Front.
7. After you've added all of the pieces to your character, we will glue them down. I like to create a duplicate page in the storyboard so that I have all of the original pieces.
Go to the Edit menu choose Select All. In this example, we are going to glue the objects to paint them. However, if you like your character as line-art, you can also choose Group from the Edit menu in Wixie or from the Options menu in Pixie.
If you want to make the character slightly larger or smaller, use the resize handles to change the objects size now.
8. Once everyting is the correct size and placement, go to the Edit menu in Wixie and choose Glue to Paint layer. In Pixie, click the Glue button on the toolbar.
9. Click the Paint button on the toolbar to see the Paint tools. You can use the fill tool (looks like a bucket) to fill in the white areas with colors, patterns, or gradients.
10. Use the Zoom slider on the bottom right corner of the window to see smaller areas.
11. If you make a mistake, click the Undo button on the toolbar.
12. After you have everything painted, you can make the character back into a sticker.
Choose the Lasso selection tool on the tools palette.
Select the area around your character.
13. Click the Edit menu in Wixie and choose Convert to Sticker. In Pixie, go to the Options menu and choose Convert to Sticker.
You can now add other stickers and a background to complete your scene.
My sample files are posted on the Trading Post under Dress Up.
Short URL for this article: