Jul 22, 2015 - 12:54 PM
- In the Wixie application:
1. Export your project as HTML, Images, or an ePub: While Viewing or Editing your Wixie project, you can click the Send menu and choose the option you want. Some platforms, such as the Wixie app on the iPad, will have different options based on the device.
2. Share your Project URL: While Viewing or Editing your Wixie project, click the Send menu and choose Copy Project URL. This will copy the project URL to the System Clipboard. You can then paste the URL in Notepad, Word, or a Web tool.
If you are on Wixie on the iPad or Android tablet, you can choose to send an Email with the project URL to an email address. You will need to have an email address configured for the device. You may want to check your Spam or Junk Mail folder if you don't see the email in your inbox.
*You may need to include a Public Key with your project URL depending on your school or district settings. More on this below.
3. Copy the Project Embed Code: While Viewing or Editing your Wixie project, click the Send menu and choose Copy Embed. You will see a dialog showing you the size and play options for your Wixie project. Choose the options you'd like and then click the Copy button. The embed code will be copied to the system clipboard and you can paste it into Notepad, Word, or a Web tool.
- From the Teacher or Student Home Pages
4. Copy the Student Project or Portfolio URL: If you are logged in as a teacher, click the Students tab to see students in your classes. Select a student project that you want to Share. You will see the project URL on the right side of the page. If your school or district requires a public key, you can uncheck the "Require Public Key" checkbox to generate a URL that does not require the public key.
5. Copy the Wixie project Embed Code: If you are logged in as a teacher, you can also retrieve the project Embed code from the Student page. Select a project that you want to display on your webpage or blog. Click the Embed button to see the Embed code options. Select the Options you want to choose and then copy all of the code displayed in the Embed field to the clipboard. You can then paste the Embed code into a text editor or web tool.
The Embed code will change based on the options selected and the size. If you have Require Public Key unchecked, then the embed code will also update so that a public key is not required.
6. Send an email from a web form: If you are logged in as a student, click the Wixie button and choose Home. Click the Share button next to the project to bring up a web form to send your email. Fill in the required fields and click the Send button. You do not need to have an email account configured if you are on a tablet using this method. You may want to check your Spam or Junk Mail folder if you don't see the email in your inbox.
You can also send the URL for your Portfolio. Click the Portfolio tab to see the Portfolio URL and the Send button for that URL.
About the Public Key and Sharing options:
If your school or district is set to require a public key, then you will need the public key for others to view your project. If your school or district is set to "Public" a key will not be required. Another setting is to not require a public key for teachers, but one is required for students. Check with your Wixie administrator to see what your setting is.
There is a section in the Help/Training pages for Sharing that covers these topics in more detail. If you are logged in as a teacher, click the Training tab on the Teacher home page. If you are logged in as a student, click the Wixie button and choose Help. If you are using Wixie on a web-browser, you may need to allow pop-ups or approve the navigation to the Help section when logged in as a student.
Short URL for this article: http://goo.gl/N3uKl3